Discover Dozens Of Excellent Apartment Advertising Ideas
From apartment door hangers to community newsletters, from resident flyers to prospect email-flyers, leasing professionals need multiple formats in coordinated marketing campaigns to reach across a variety of multifamily categories.
When it comes to creative themed advertising campaigns around various topics, apartment advertising ideas are plenty but not necessarily effective. Make sure your housing marketing flyers focus on hot-button apartment rental issues and timely, relevant themes designed especially for multifamily renters.
Although the categories of clever ideas for apartment advertising are unlimited there are more than a dozen you can’t live without in the multifamily housing industry:
- Property Resident Amenity Promotions
- Ask for Resident Referrals
- Brochures with Community Photos & Floor Plan Diagrams
- Event Calendars with Monthly Newsletter Updates
- Prospect Guest Cards and Resident Retention Forms
- Hospitality Marketing to Promote Resident Retention
- Host Fun Retention Events and Kid-Friendly Activities
- Internet, Mobile Services & Social Media Drivers
- Apartment Leasing Specials, Rental Concessions
- Multi Family Maintenance Customer Service
- General Property Management Renter Notices
- Apartment Newsletters with Community News
- Employer Outreach & Neighborhood Prospecting
- Rehab & Apartment Renovation Progress Report
- Surveys & Renter Satisfaction Questionnaires
- Talk About Resident Lease Renewals Early and Often
Now that you’ve determined the rental categories for your apartment advertising ideas, it’s time to dig deeper into each area by developing multi housing themes and the catchy leasing slogans that will headline your property management marketing.
What do you work on every single day in property management marketing? Let the residential marketing themes that drive revenue (Leasing, Retention and Renewals) move to the top of the priority list for apartment advertising.
Top 5 Apartment Advertising Themes Ideas
It’s common to see multifamily marketing flyers centered around seasons of the year and national holidays. After all, these are things apartment renters relate to across all demographics. In property management marketing you can take it a step further in your apartment advertising with themes about living and focus on connecting and enjoying life at your multi housing community.
The Top 5 Apartment Advertising Themes Ideas you want to add to any housing brainstorming session are:
- Remember You: Holiday and Celebration Cards
Acknowledge Birthdays, Celebrations, Holidays and send Thank You messages to prospects and residents, just as you would family and friends
- We’re Expecting You: Welcome Home and Change of Address Cards
Move-in day is your new resident’s first impression of how important they are to the property management team after the lease has been signed and the rent check has been written
- Let’s Network: Adopt a Charity, Just Plain Fun, Refreshment and Sporting Events
Sense of community can only be heightened in rental housing through personal connections and resident social participation
- Why We’re Great: Selling Lifestyle, Location, Pet Friendly, and Value
Rental prospects will believe your unique selling proposition when you define what it is in clear, concise and direct language
- We Love Our Residents: Apartment Resident Appreciation and Customer Service Messages
Renters are customers who never tire of hearing how grateful property management companies are for their patronage
Essential Formats For Delivering Apartment Advertising Ideas
The best apartment marketing ideas in the multifamily industry are the ones that get noticed by renters. We call that attracting eyeballs. If you print an apartment marketing flyer will it be read?
You can increase the odds of rental prospects and residents seeing your apartment advertising by delivering in a convenient format for the customer to receive it. Full-size marketing flyers and leasing sell sheets are easy for apartment managers to print but a smaller postcard size may be easier for a rental prospect to carry around in their purse or briefcase.
Apartment residents are also more likely to read a property management notice hanging on their doorknob than if it’s on a loose flyer slipped under the door. Certain residents and prospects want electronic messages and prefer to read your apartment advertising in a digital email format.
Of course you won’t necessarily know a rental customer’s preferred method of receiving your awesome apartment advertising ideas so multiple formats for many media channels will help you cover all bases.